Chromebook Not Turning On
Step 1: Verify power to the computer
Ensure the computer is connected to working power.
- Plug in the AC adapter to a functioning wall outlet.
- Connect the power to the computer.
- Check for lights illuminated on the computer or on the AC adapter.
- No lights are illuminated: Try another HP approved AC adapter.
- Lights are illuminated: Proceed to the next step.
Step 2: Verify battery charging status
The battery might be in a deep discharge state. Though the battery indicator light is off, a smaller than normal charge current is being sent. Charge the laptop for at least 10 minutes, or for up to 24 hours.
- Computer powers on: Check if the battery is charging in the lower right status area of the screen.
- If the laptop turns on: It is performing normally. Leave the laptop connected to the charger until it is fully charged.
- If the laptop does not turn on: Periodically press the power button. In some cases, it can take up to 24 hours for the battery to charge
- Computer does not power on: Check the battery indicator light above the charging port on the laptop.
- Battery indicator light colorBattery indicator light status and actionGreen or whiteThe remaining capacity is 94% or higher or the charger is initializing (15 seconds after plugging in the AC adapter).Wait 15 seconds, then power on and charge fully.AmberThe remaining capacity is 94% or lower.Charge for up to 24 hours, periodically attempting to power on.RedThe computer cannot communicate with the battery.
If the issue is not resolved, proceed to the next step.
Step 3: Perform a hard reset
A hard reset does not remove any local files or settings.
- Press the power button and refresh button for five seconds. The computer turns off, and then turns on again.
- If necessary, press power button again to turn on the laptop.